Memory games are a great way to exercise your mind, but it can be hard to find a memory game that you will enjoy enough to keep playing over time. To achieve the best results, it’s important to play a variety of brain training games and do so consistently.
Below are 5 of the top memory games for aging adults:
- Lumosity – Besides memory, game categories include attention, flexibility, language, problem-solving, and speed.
- Keep Your Brain Alive – These ‘brain aerobics’ involve using all your senses in different ways, such as using your nondominant hand to brush your teeth. These exercises use the whole brain in a unique way.
- Word Puzzles – Word games for seniors, like crosswords, can help with memory retention. The challenge of a puzzle helps the brain form and maintain connections.
- Sudoku – Sudoku is a popular pencil puzzle. It requires you to use problem-solving skills in a fun, easy to learn way. Sudoku requires logic and memory skills which pushes the brain to make connections. The strategic thinking also helps you improve your concentration and ability to make decisions in a short period of time.
- Concentration – This perennially popular board game is always fun to play with grandchildren.