Incorporating fruit into your diet is a great way to improve your overall health and reduce the risk of disease. Fruits contain many essential vitamins and minerals and are high in fiber. Fruits also have a wide range of health-boosting antioxidants. Having a diet high in fruits and vegetables can reduce your risk of developing different diseases such as heart disease, cancer, inflammation, and diabetes.
Listed below are 12 of most nutritional fruits for your body:
- Lemons contain vitamin C and other antioxidants such as folic acid, potassium, and pectin.
- Strawberries have a very high water and fiber content and are very good for heart health.
- Oranges are a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin A, and B-vitamins.
- Limes are a rich source of vitamin C and have great health benefits and antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- Grapefruit protects against some cancers, inflammation, and obesity. They can be pink, red, or white.
- Blackberries help improve gut and heart health.
- Apples are high in fiber and can boost heart health and promote weight loss. Eat them with the skin on for the best health benefits.
- Pomegranate is high in antioxidants and essential for strong bones and healthy blood cells.
- Pineapple reduces inflammation and promotes healthy tissue growth.
- Bananas are a great source of potassium, good source of energy, and help to regulate bowel movements and stomach issues.
- Avocado can help lower cholesterol levels, rich in potassium, and is great for the eyes and skin.
- Blueberries contain a powerful antioxidant and protect against heart disease, stroke, cancers, and other diseases,
Source: Medical News Today