For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 TSP dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 TSP granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 TSP kosher salt
- 1/4 TSP ground black pepper
For the pasta salad:
- 1/2 medium red onion. chopped
- 8 oz. dried short pasta
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. mini mozzarella balls
- 4 oz. salamis slices, cut in half
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Make the dressing by placing all ingredients in a small bowl and whisking.
- Soften the red onion in the dressing and stir to combine.
- Cook the pasta in salted water.
- Quickly cool the pasta under ice water for 5 minutes.
- Place the pasta salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss the pasta with the dressing.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving for the flavors to meld before serving.