As we head into cold and flu season it is very important to
do everything we can to keep ourselves healthy. This is
especially true as we are still dealing with COVID-19. A
great way to prevent the seasonal flu is to get yourself
vaccinated. Always discuss with your doctor beforehand.
Practicing good health habits is crucial in keeping yourself
healthy. Read about some tips and actions you can take to
protect yourself and others from the flu and other
- Avoid close contact. If someone is sick try to keep your
distance to protect yourself and others from getting
- Stay home when you are sick. If it is possible, try to
stay home when you are feeling sick and do errands
when you are feeling better.
- Cover your mouth and nose. When you cough or
sneeze, cover your mouth with a tissue to prevent
germs from getting to those around you. Flu and other
respiratory illnesses are spread by coughing, sneezing,
or unclean hands.
- Clean your hands. Washing your hands is one of the
easiest ways to help prevent you from getting sick. Try
to always use soap along with water. If soap and water
are not available, try hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs can be spread a lot of ways, but when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth, the transmission of those germs happens.
- Practice other good health habits. Try your best to clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces at home, work, or school. This is especially important if someone is sick or ill. Remember to get plenty of sleep. continue to be physically active, manage your stress. drink plenty of water, and eat healthy, nutritious foods.