How many times a day do you give gratitude for the gifts you have, your family, and for other blessings in your life? Giving gratitude throughout the year is crucial for good mental health and helps to stimulate neurotransmitters which bring energy and happiness into your life. Developing a gratitude routine can help to keep struggles to a minimum and raise our overall happiness.
- Make a gratitude list about things you are grateful for.
- Reflect on people that you are grateful for.
- Reflect on the talents you have and be grateful for them.
- Reflect on the moments and times in your life that have helped you become the person you are today.
- Reflect on places. These can include places you wish to go or places you’ve been before.
- Reflect on your passions and give gratitude for what brings you happiness and joy.
- Remember what’s right in front of you and be grateful for right now.
Source: Joan Frances Moran, Sixty and ME