As we near the end of the year, take a moment to think about how you want to start the new year. Think about any changes you want to make or improvements you would like to see in your day to day life. Here are some things to think about as we enter the new year.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish, low-fat dairy, and healthy fats. In other words, try to focus in on your diet and eating healthier.
- Be active. Stay physically active and find an exercise that you enjoy.
- See your primary care doctor regularly. Schedule your annual Medicare wellness visit.
- Guard against falls. Try to work on your balance and eliminate items from your home that can be tripped over and cause falls.
- Give your brain a workout. Read a book, go to a social hour, or do a crossword puzzle.
- Get enough sleep. Try to get rid of distractions in the bedroom and get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night.
Source: Health in Aging