Eating plenty of vegetables may be one of the simplest ways to improve health and well-being. All vegetables contain healthful vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber- but some stand out for their exceptional benefits. Listed below are some of the most healthful vegetables to try and incorporate into your diet.
- Spinach-leafy green vegetables are a great source of calcium, vitamins, iron, and antioxidants.
- Kale- another leafy green vegetable with several health benefits. It provides good amounts of vitamins A, C, and K.
- Broccoli- incredibly healthful vegetable that belongs to the same family as cabbage, kale, and cauliflower.
- Peas- are a sweet, starchy vegetable. They provide fiber, protein , vitamins A, C, and K.
- Sweet Potatoes- these are root vegetables. They are a great source of vitamins A and C as well as a great source of potassium.
- Beets- beets and beet juice are great for improving heart health. These vegetables are beneficial for people with diabetes.
- Carrots- are a great source of vitamin A which is vital for healthy eyesight as well as cancer-fighting properties.
- Tomatoes- although technically these are considered a fruit, most people treat them as vegetables. They contain a large amount of antioxidants.
Source: Medical HealthNews