Try the following techniques for transforming unhealthy recipes into healthy ones- without losing out on taste. Once you’ve mastered these tips, get creative and experiment with other ways of creating healthy recipes.
- Reduce the amount of fat, sugar, and salt.
- Make a healthy substitution. Healthy substitutions not only reduce the amount of fat, calories, and salt in your recipes but also can boost the nutritional content.
- Eliminate or cut back on some ingredients. Try to eliminate topping items, cut condiments, and use less cheese.
- Change cooking and prepping techniques. Healthy cooking techniques can capture the flavor and nutrients of your food without adding excessive amounts of fat, oil, or salt.
- Downsize portion size. No matter how much you reduce, switch or omit ingredients, some dishes may still be high in sugar, fat, or salt. You can still enjoy them – in small amounts.
Before plunging ahead with a recipe, look it over and think about what you can change to turn it into a healthy recipe. Make notes of any alternations so that you can refer to them the next time you prepare the recipe.
Source: Mayo Clinic