- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, white parts and 2 inches of the green, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound asparagus, tough ends removed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (about 18, or 2/3 pound)
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted flax seeds, coarsely ground
- Heat the oil in a deep nonstick skillet. Add the scallions, garlic and asparagus. Cook, stirring, until the asparagus is crisp-tender. Add the couscous, broth, lemon juice and zest. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold in the tomatoes, basil and flax seeds. Cover for 5 minutes and fluff with a fork.
Source: Cleveland Clinic