These affordable and delicious salmon patties are perfect for spring! Eat them with a side of steamed broccoli for a well-rounded lunch or dinner.
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) salmon with bones, drained
- 1 slice of bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup minced or grated carrot
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, break up the salmon and mash bones with a fork. Remove the salmon skin if desired.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Lightly grease a large skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Firmly press about 1/2 cup of the mixture into a 1-inch-thick patty. Repeat to make 3 more patties.
- Add the patties and cook until they are golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Access the recipe with additional details here: https://medlineplus.gov/recipes/salmon-patties/