A Matter of Balance
A Matter of Balance is an 8-week program designed by researchers at MaineHealth to reduce the fear of falling and increase strength, balance, and your confidence level when partaking in physical activity. This class is developed for people who are worried about falling, have experienced a fall previously, and who do not do all the activities they enjoy because of fear of falling.
Participants of the 8-week series will learn to:
- View falls and fear of falling as controllable
- Set realistic goals for increasing activity and movement
- Change their environment to reduce fall risk factors (uses a home safety evaluation and action
- Reduce fall risk hazards in the home and community)
- Engage in exercise to increase strength and balance
This IN PERSON workshop takes place on Tuesdays from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Classes begin on October 3 and end on November 21.
Please email Lshoward@Legacylink.org with any questions.
Closed Event - No
Closed Event Group - no
Cost - $10